BANK WIRING INSTRUCTIONS FOR
Re: Berleth & Associates Wire Transfer Protocols
For all settlement payments in excess of $100,000, we REQUIRE electronic transfer by wire directly into or from our account, for both security and efficiency. Please ensure payment is addressed to BERLETH & ASSOCIATES, not the name of the client or case.
To wire to the IOLTA account use the following information:
Account Holder: BERLETH & ASSOCIATES
Frost Bank Account Number: (Contact Berleth & Associates)
Routing Number: (Contact Berleth & Associates)
Remarks: Cause number and debtor’s name
Berleth & Associates requires all incoming or outgoing transfers to follow these Wire Transfer Protocol steps:
- In writing: Confirm with both parties the amount of transfer and proper name of parties. Confirm receiving account number and ABA routing numbers. Confirm that the bank routing number provided resolves to the expected bank (FRBServices.org or https://routingnumber.aba.com).
- Verbally: Verify outgoing wire instructions directly with the Payee (or a known, trusted representative of the Payee, like an attorney, realtor, lender) over the telephone at a known telephone number or a number obtained independently of the wire instructions.
- Initiate: Provide wiring instructions for the wire transfer to the sending bank.
- Verbally: Confirm with the recipient the wire transfer has been initiated, and confirm each detail of the wire transfer. ONLY attorneys licensed by the State of Texas at Berleth & Associates are authorized to confirm receipt or transfer.
- Release: Confirm with sending bank to release the wire.
- Finalize: Confirm with recipient the wired funds have been received both verbally and in writing.
Steps 1 through 6 should all occur on a single business day, and not on the last business day of the week.
If there is a modification to the wire instructions, make sure that you verify those modifications with the Payee (or a known, trusted representative of the Payee) over the telephone at a known telephone number obtained independently from the instructions.
ANY MODIFICATION TO ACCOUNT NAME, AMOUNT, OR ACCOUNT NUMBER REQUIRES ALL PARTIES TO RESTART THE ENTIRE PROCESS AT STEP 1.
International wires require direct personal supervision from Robert Berleth.
Thank you for your time regarding this matter, and as always please do not hesitate to contact Robert Berleth for any questions or comments.